Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Mama Bear!

It's Mama Bear's birthday! She is now only 1 year younger than me...at least until Spring when I again become 2 years older for 4 months...during which time she reminds me of that difference at least 5 times. But that's one of the many reasons we love Mama Bear, her sense of humor.

I have to tell you Baby Bear, you are one lucky kid, because that Mama of yours nearly forgot her birthday because she is so damn excited about your pending arrival. That's the kind of mom you want to have buddy, trust me. In fact, I think I will force you to read this post the first day that you say "you don't care about me" to your mother. And if you are really stubborn and won't read it yourself, I will read it to you out loud. Because you might be really stubborn. After all, you do have 1/2 of Mama Bear's DNA, and she is, what you would call, a very determined lady (read stubborn like a bull sometimes!)

Our shower (which is a weird word isn't it? I guess it's because you "shower" a person with gifts? But you do that at a birthday party too, don't you?) is tomorrow, and Aunties T and B have been working away to get it ready for you. I can't wait for you to meet them Baby Bear, they are part of our family, and you are the luckiest little man in the world to have their wide range of talents and interests at your little disposal.

I am excited for the shower. I was more excited to give Mama Bear her gift though, because I was really hoping she would like it as much as I thought she might (and she did! Hooray!). I love giving gifts, (especially to Mama Bear) way more than I do getting them, but I am excited to see all our friends tomorrow.

We weren't going to have a shower, but one of our amazing midwives mentioned that it is good to have a chance to celebrate this baby's new life with your close friends and family, which I totally agree with. I guess that is the "reason behind the season" for showers, and something that can get forgotten in all the "are you registered and who bought us the dirty diaper pail?" hoopla these things can bring.

So, I will post an update of the shower soon. For now, I need to get ready to take Mama Bear out for dinner. So behave tonight Baby Bear, I want her to be able to eat without your gloriously long legs poking her gut!!

No comments: