Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Waiting is the Hardest Part...

Dear readers (all three of you):

I vow that I will not cop out on the next post and use a song title as the title of the post. I realize this is about as cheap a writing ploy as starting your paper for an English class with some very deep quote, and I apologize, but give me a break, it's hot outside and I haven't been feeling very creative.

But, back to the lecture at hand (ugh! that's a song lyric too! I can't even stop myself!)....waiting. I am growing very very tired of waiting for your arrival Baby Bear, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen any time soon.

Mama Bear's feet are swelling more now, but you seem to be rather high in the tummy BB, and this leads me to believe that you may become an August baby, rather than a "last day of July" baby as you are now scheduled. That doesn't stop at least 8 people per day from asking me when you're due to get here though, so I say "July 30th at least that many times per day...and then think "or later." And then get more impatient.

But don't hurry on my account buddy, you just stay in there until you're good and ready to arrive. Seriously, it's crazy out here. Hot, high gas prices, expensive milk, nutso neighbors. You just take advantage of all that free food and what I imagine is a nicely climate controlled environment while you can. Mama Bear and I will continue doing little putsy things, and avoid the not fun things (like washing all of your tiny Baby Bear clothes so you don't get the dreaded "fresh from the store" rash) and we'll be here when you're ready. But for the time being, could you lay off of the kicking Mama Bear in the ribs? That's REALLY uncomfortable for her, so try to be a little more gentle okay? There will be plenty of time for roughhousing with me when you get out of there and a little more sure on your feet. But Mama Bear? She doesn't like the roughhousing, so wait for me on that one.

No comments: